TE Connectivity (TE), a world leader in connectivity, today introduced its USB Type-C connector, a do-it-all interface that eliminates the need for multiple cords in a broad range of products from slim handheld devices to robust industrial applications. TE’s new USB Type-C connector features enhanced electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding on the receptacle shell to help eliminate unwanted EMI leakage and provide enhanced performance over similar legacy products. It also offers additional connector board retention features compared to the industry standard footprint to provide enhanced reliability and ruggedness.
- Industry-leading EMI performance – TE’s exclusive EMI design helps eliminate unwanted EMI leakage and provide enhanced performance over similar legacy products.
- Ruggedized design – TE’s design offers additional connector board retention features, compared to the industry standard footprint, to provide enhanced durability.
- Higher speed – 10 Gbps
- Higher power – Supports power up to 100W bi-directional
- Supports alternate mode for other functions like audio/visual (A/V) over single cable
- Size: 24 pin, 3mm high x 8mm wide
- Flexible, reversible, and backward compatible – one USB connector does it all.