The new Cortex M3 microcontrollers are special-purpose MCUs for first class motor applications that offer cost effective, high performance 32-bit computing capabilities. This family of MCUs provides 3-phase PWM generator units which are suitable for inverter motor drive systems. Most of the MCUs within the ZNEO32! family offer two built-in channels for the generators to control two individual inverter motors simultaneously. They have up to three 12-bit high speed ADC units with 16-channel analog multiplexed inputs to gather information from the motor; additionally, some of these MCUs include both operational amplifiers and comparators.
The ZNEO32! family of products includes MCUs that are well suited for a variety of applications that require highly deterministic real-time applications, automotive systems, industrial control systems, wireless networking and sensors, and low power applications.
“Zilog has created special motor control technologies for advanced motor control needs that now complement this 32-bit series of Cortex M3 MCUs. As part of the World of IXYS of power and mixed signal ICs, we offer the complete line of products to support our worldwide customers, especially in the industrial, medical, power management, consumer, power management and IoT markets,” remarked Steve Darrough, Zilog’s VP of Marketing.
- High performance, low power Cortex-M3 Core, operating at up to 80 MHz
- Up to 384 KB flash memory options
- Up to 16 KB SRAM options
- Up to two 3-phase motor PWM with ADC triggering function
- Up to three 16-channel 1.5 Msps high-speed ADC with burst conversion function
- 20 MHz precision internal oscillator clock
- Six general purpose timers with quadrature encoder counter
- External communication ports: as many as 4 UARTs, 2 I2Cs, 2 SPIs
- Package options include LQFP-32, LQFP-48, LQFP-64, LQFP-80, LQFP-100