Digilent's PmodMAXSONAR is an ultrasonic range detector that utilizes the MaxBotix® LV-MaxSonar®-EZ1™ sonar sensor to provide 1" resolution for distance sensing needs. This Pmod provides versatility by allowing data to be read via analog, pulse-width modulation, and serial communication. The PmodMAXSONAR uses a 6-pin connector that can communicate range data to the host board as an analog value, a pulse-width, or a 5-byte serial packet. Sensor data ranges from a minimum of 6" to a maximum of 254" with a resolution of 1 inch. Range data is acquired by the module sending thirteen 42 KHz beams of varying widths, allowing for more accurate detection. Under free-run operation, range readings can be taken every 50 milliseconds.
- Effective detection range of 6" to 255"
- 42 KHz sonar operation frequency
- Readings every 50 milliseconds
- Continuous measurement (free run) operation
- 2.5 V to 5.5 V operating voltage range with 2 mA typical current draw
- Three methods of obtaining data
- 5-byte serial output
- Analog output (VCC/512) V per inch
- Pulse Width output, 147 µs per inch