Eaton’s XLM supercapacitor module provides energy storage for bridge power uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) and improves power quality for voltage spikes and brownouts. The XLM is a safer alternative to batteries for UPS back-up power applications. Modules are lead-free and RoHS compliant. The XLM module can increase the life of a back-up system and eliminate the need for replacement parts and batteries. Eaton supercapacitors are high reliability, high power, ultra-high-capacitance energy storage devices utilizing electrochemical double layer capacitor (EDLC) construction combined with proprietary materials and processes. This combination of advanced technologies allows Eaton to offer a wide variety of capacitor solutions tailored to applications for back-up power, pulse power, and hybrid power systems. They can be applied as the sole energy storage or in combination with batteries to optimize cost, life-time, and run time. System requirements can range from a few microwatts to megawatts. All products feature low ESR for high power density with environmentally friendly materials for a green power solution. Eaton supercapacitors are maintenance-free with design lifetimes up to 20 years and operating temperatures down to -40°C and up to +85°C.
Features and Benefits
- Maintenance free and requires no monitoring or user controls. An integrated cell balancing is pre-installed
- Easily rack-mountable due to 4U height by 6.9” wide.
- Connections on the front of the module for easy configuration
- Operating lifespan of up to 20 years
- Provides high availability due to fast recharging; immediate use upon installation
- Light weight; reduces rack requirements and floor reinforcement
- Lead-free, RoHS compliant
- Typical efficiency >98%
- Datacenter UPS
- Bridge power
- Hospital UPS
- Hybrid power systems with fuel cells
- Grid storage
- Semiconductor equipment (SEMI F47 compliant)