TE Connectivity Measurement Specialties’ MS5837-30BA gel-filled pressure sensor is designed for use in mobile water depth measurement systems and diving equipment
Every MS5837-30BA module is individually factory calibrated at two temperatures and two pressures. As a result, six coefficients necessary to compensate for process variations and temperature variations are calculated and stored in the 112-bit PROM of each module. These bits (partitioned into six coefficients W1 to W6) must be read by the microcontroller software and used in the program converting D1 and D2 into compensated pressure and temperature values. The coefficients W0 is for factory configuration and CRC.
The external microcontroller clocks in the data through the input serial clock (SCL) and serial data (SDA). The sensor responds on the same pin SDA, which is bidirectional for the I2C bus interface, so this interface type uses only two signal lines and does not require a chip select.
The MS5837-30BA consists of a piezo-resistive sensor and a sensor interface IC. The main function of the MS5837-30BA is to convert the uncompensated analog output voltage from the piezo-resistive pressure sensor to a 24-bit digital value, as well as providing a 24-bit digital value for the temperature of the sensor.
- Ceramic and metal package (3.3 mm x 3.3 mm x 2.75 mm)
- High-resolution module 0.2 mbar
- Fast conversion down to 0.5 ms
- Low power: 0.6 µA (standby < 0.1 µA at 25°C)
- Integrated digital pressure sensor (24-bit ΔΣ ADC)
- Supply voltage 1.5 V to 3.6 V
- Operating range: 0 to 30 bar, -20°C to 85°C
- I2C interface
- No external components (internal oscillator)
- Excellent long-term stability
- Hermetically sealable for outdoor devices
- Sealing designed for 1.8 mm x 0.8 mm O-ring
- Mobile water depth measurement systems
- Data loggers
- Diving computers
- Dive watches