$2 Chips Deliver High Resolution Audio to consumer applications
- xCORE-AUDIO Hi-Res, targeting the emerging market for stereo high resolution USB headphone amplifiers, DACs and AVR systems;
- xCORE-AUDIO Live, which supports prosumer and professional audio applications including DJ kits, mixing, audio content creation and conferencing.
Announcing the new product families, Nigel Toon CEO of XMOS said, "Our xCORE-AUDIO processors deliver outstanding audio performance. The demand for high-resolution audio content for consumption on the move, and the complexities of creating the same content in the studio and concert hall, are well served by our class-leading USB 2.0 and networked audio solutions. By selecting output formats from our rich audio I/O libraries, and using multicore power to implement complex DSP functions, XMOS delivers professional audio solutions at consumer prices."
XMOS has sampled lead customers with xCORE-AUDIO Hi-Res chips and development boards.
"With XMOS already powering our award-winning family of audiophile Blu-ray players and headphone amplifiers, we are very excited to be one of the first customers to receive the new xCORE-AUDIO Hi-Res devices," said Jason Liao, CTO and VP Product Development of Oppo Digital, Inc. "The unmatched combination of bit-perfect USB audio, advanced output formats, sample rates of up to 384kHz and beyond, marks xCORE-AUDIO Hi-Res as an outstanding contribution to the high-resolution audio market"
"The xCORE-AUDIO family of processors continues XMOS' tradition of innovation in the USB audio space," commented Richard Hollinshead, Director of Engineering for Meridian Audio. "Bit-perfect, asynchronous USB audio results in an outstanding listening experience. xCORE-AUDIO will deliver that audiophile experience into consumer markets, and we welcome these additions to the XMOS product family."
Samples of xCORE-AUDIO Hi-Res 2 support:
- USB 2.0 (Full-speed and High-speed), USB Audio Class 1.0, USB Audio Class 2.0, USB Firmware Upgrade (DFU) 1.1.
- I2S, DSD and SPDIF output formats.
- 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz sample rates.
- Broad range of host platforms supported including:
- Made For iPhone support including role switch and External Accessory Framework.
- Android device, Windows PC, and Apple OSX support
- Small-footprint 64pin TQFP packages and 128pin TQFP packages available.