Maxim Integrated’s High-Voltage Battery Sensor Extends Battery Life and Supports Highest Automotive Safety Rating
A proprietary, differential UART communications link is automotive EMC-hardened, enabling uninterrupted cell monitoring during battery pack service disconnect and eliminating costly digital isolators. An innovative shutdown feature safely enters all daisy-chain devices into submicro-ampere sleep mode when a host microcontroller loses 12V power. ASIL-D (Automotive Safety Integrity Level “D”, per ISO-26262) compliance is achieved and maintained with unmatched, accurate 96-cell, 100 measurements-per-second performance. The 96-cell hot-plug immunity ensures highest reliability during BMS (battery management system) manufacturing.
- ASIL-D compliance
- Uncompromising accuracy: better than 2mV cell voltage measurement
- Ensures system safety: comprehensive smart diagnostics eliminate premature system shutdown
- Reliable EMC compliance: robust daisy-chain UART interface supports cable lengths of up to 3m and passes rigorous industry EMC-compliance testing
- Highest reliability during manufacture: 96-cell hot-plug and cell-reversal immunity allows for safe pack assembly
- Industry’s fastest cell measurement and diagnostic speed: 100 times per second
- “The MAX17823 is the culmination of multiyear R&D partnerships with our key automotive OEM and Tier-1 customers,” said Naveed Majid, Managing Director at Maxim Integrated. “The MAX17823’s industry-leading performance and benefits have been proven through rigorous EV and HEV program qualification testing by major automakers.” added Majid.
- Available in a 64-pin LQFP package (10mm × 10mm).
- Specified for the -40°C to +105°C temperature range.
- Contact factory for pricing details.