Maxim Integrated’s Digital Class D Speaker Amplifiers Significantly Simplify Design and Provide Unmatched Audio Performance
Audio devices can now be simplified because unique internal circuitry in the MAX98355/MAX98356 detects the input clock and automatically calculates the sample rate. This reduces complicated programming and the need for system software support. With a digital input for noise immunity, and highest jitter tolerance, the parts provide superior audio quality while eliminating the need for programming for a faster time to market.
- Improved audio quality from exceptionally high jitter tolerance: low 0.013% THD+N at 1kHz and 99dB dynamic range
- Lower power consumption: 92% efficiency (RL = 8ohms, POUT = 900mW, VDD = 3.7V)
- Smaller solution size and simplified design: 2.5V to 5.5V single-supply operation
- “These digital-input Class D amplifiers make system design nearly plug and play,” said Robert Nicoletti, Applications Manager at Maxim Integrated. “This convenience reduces design complexity for the user.”
- “Market analysis firm Databeans projects that the Class D audio amplifier market is growing at a compound annual growth rate of 12 percent each year, well above the overall consumer semiconductor market. By integrating digital DACs into the Class D audio amps, Maxim allows users to reduce solution size while still reaping all the benefits of a digital input,” said Susie Inouye, Research Director at Databeans.