Moving Light to the Front Panel with New Flexible Light Pipe and Panel Mount Indicators from Bivar
Bringing flexibility to designers, Bivar’s indication products take into account a number of key considerations including the distance from LED source to panel, size and brightness, type of material best suited to the application, and indoor versus outdoor conditions. To address tough outdoor conditions, Bivar’s new series of IP67 rated panel mount assemblies and flexible light pipes are totally protected against dust and immersion up to 1m.
“We take great pride in working with our customers to understand their needs and provide them with fail-safe solutions that are both practical and cost-effective,” said Tom Silber, Bivar president and CEO. “From metal to nylon to IP67 rated products that can withstand rugged conditions, our comprehensive family of flexible light pipes and panel mount assemblies can satisfy even the most difficult design challenge and can be used in just about any application.”
Bivar’s flexible light pipe family makes routing light through crowded or tight spaces easy and efficient. They are suited for a range of applications, including accent and trim lighting for commercial buildings, commercial aircraft and rail cars; panel and cabinet illumination in industrial environments; automotive ambient lighting and contour illumination; wall wash, alcove and back lighting in architectural environments; and signage and advertisement lighting. The flexible light pipes are available in standard nylon, quick mount flexible nylon and IP67 rated metal.
Flexible light pipe features include:
- Designed for use with Bivar SM series surface mount LEDs, vertical and horizontal mounted 3mm and 5mm through hole LEDs, and Orca R series LEDs
- Lenses are molded from optical grade plastic, which allows for maximum light transmission
- A diffused lens provides uniform illumination and wide angle viewing capability
- Tight bend radius for maximum flexibility
Panel mount features include:
- Leaded and wired contacts
- Wide selection of colors, lens appearance and Bivar LEDs from which to choose
- LEDs are direct drive upon specified forward voltage
- Housing and lens are comprised of ESD protected material