The XMEGA-A1 Xplained kit features a low-cost demonstration board based on the ATxmega128A1 XMEGA AVR microcontroller. This board allows for quick evaluation of the XMEGA microcontroller family without requiring any additional hardware. It has an on-board programmer based on an AT90USB 1287 microcontroller which is pre-loaded with firmware allowing the ATxmega128A1 device to be programmed via the 2-wire PDI programming interface.
The XMEGA-A1 Xplained kit features the ATxmega128A1 device which is a picoPower device optimized for the best possible combination of real time performance, integration and power efficiency. It is part of the 8/16-bit AVR XMEGA family of devices ranging from 44-100 pin, 16-256 KB of Flash program memory and 4-16 KB of SRAM. The XMEGA A1 Xplained kit features a separate board controller and UART/I2C bridge to USB to drive the USB port.
- Compact evaluation / demonstration board for the Atmel XMEGA AVR microcontroller family
- Features ATxmega128A1 XMEGA AVR microcontroller device
- Features AT90USB1287 AVR microcontroller which is used as a USB-controlled XMEGA PDI programmer
- The ATxmega128A1 XMEGA AVR micrococontroller can be programmed via the 2-wire PDI interface using the AT90USB1287 microcontroller
- The ATxmega128A1 device can also be programmed via JTAG using an external JTAG programmer (not supplied)
- XPLAIN board is controlled via USB Port
- 4 x push-buttons for evaluation purposes
- 4 x LEDs for evaluaion purposes
- Most ATxmega128A1 port pins are brought out to I/O header connectors
- Example firmware available from the Atmel website
- The ATxmega128A1 microcontroller can be programmed via the 2-wire PDI programming interface. This is performed using pre-loaded firmware in the AT90USB127 microcontroller.
- The ATxmega128A1 microcontroller can also be programmed via the JTAG interface. An external JTAG programmer (not supplied with this kit) is required. e.g. JTAG-ICE MK2 debugger.