Maxim’s Collection of Peripheral Modules Enables Rapid Prototyping with FPGAs and Significantly Lowers Costs
Maxim recognizes that peripheral modules are becoming popular for circuit prototyping. This collection supports a wide variety of commonly used analog and mixed-signal functions. The modules are supported by example software and FPGA configuration files for three popular FPGA platforms. Straightforward example programs demonstrate each module so the user is prototyping in minutes instead of hours.
- Plug-in modules, FPGA configuration files, and example software are all included.
- Proven software reduces development time. The example programs are well partitioned and documented. The core routines can be easily cut and pasted, allowing the module’s functionality to be quickly integrated into a designer’s own projects.
- The collection includes functionality for data conversion, a digital potentiometer, real-time clock, light sensor, clock oscillator, thermal interface, communication transceivers, digital isolation, GPIO expansion, LED interface, and relay drivers.
- “These peripheral modules truly implement the concept of rapid prototyping and provide our customers more choices for quickly adding functionality to a board design,” said Dave Sackett, Manager of Field Applications at Maxim Integrated Products. “This is the broadest, most diverse, and economical collection of modules in the semiconductor market today.”
- “Maxim’s Analog Essentials collection of peripheral modules complements our Spartan®-6 LX9 MicroBoard and upcoming ZedBoard, both of which incorporate several Pmod™-compatible expansion connectors,” said Jim Beneke, Vice President, Global Technical Marketing, Avnet® Electronics Marketing. “Many FPGA systems require analog and mixed-signal interfaces to the real world, and this Pmod collection should belong in every FPGA designer’s toolkit.”
- Modules supported by software for Avnet LX-9, Digilent Nexys™3 and Avnet ZEDBoard.
- Modules operate at -40°C to +85°C.
- Pricing for the entire collection of 15 modules is $89.95. Each module can be purchased individually—contact the factory for unit pricing.