Electronic Design Magazine Names FCI's SCFF Optical Transceiver as 2012 Top 101 Component
The SCFF Optical Transceiver:
- Saves significant in-board real estate without sacrificing performance or linear board density, as compared to the existing SFP+ standard
- Supports the 2G, 4G and 8G Fiber Channel standards
- Features an 850nm vertical-cavity surface-emitting laser (VCSEL).
- Enables transmissions of up to 150m over OM3 multi-mode fiber at 8G FC protocol with a low power consumption of <0.6W.
- Available with Duplex LC optical interfaces for optical cabling hook-ups.
- Ideal for enterprise storage hardware, network interface controllers (NICs), host bus adaptors (HBAs), host channel adaptors (HCAs), industrial, instrumentation and medical applications.