TI Makes LED Lighting Design Easy and Fast
The 14-W TPS92550 and 23-W TPS92551 are constant current buck LED driver modules that virtually eliminate the need for power supply design resources and simplify procurement, with just one module replacing four or more components. Together with TI's WEBENCH® LED Architect, the lighting developer can quickly design a power management circuit with the minimum components needed to drive a string of up to 18 LEDs at up to 96-percent power efficiency. The result is a fast, easy and compact LED lighting design.
Key features and benefits of the TPS92550 and TPS92551 LED driver modules
- LED driver micro-module integrates an inductor, Schottky diode and a handful of other passive components, simplifying design and procurement.
- To control brightness, the LED current is adjustable from 300 mA to 450 mA.
- Easy-to-use, robust IC package provides superior thermal and electromagnetic interference (EMI) performance.
- The micro-modules' efficient heat dissipation and back metal plate allows for operation in high ambient temperatures.
- Compact package measures 10.16 mm by 9.85 mm by 4.57 mm.