TI's $199 Sitara™ AM335x ARM® Cortex™-A8 Starter Kit with LCD touch screen is packed with features to jumpstart development and speed time-to-market
At speeds up to 720 MHz, the AM335x Starter Kit accelerates designs with a ready-for-production hardware and software platform. This board is an affordable tool that offers the ability to quickly evaluate the features of the processor and accompanying TI components, taking the guess work out of hardware design. This allows both experienced and novice designers to focus on product differentiation such as advanced graphics and connectivity. Developers can accelerate time to market and reduce costs when creating connected thermostats, security panels, wireless hard disk drives and portable hot spots.
TI's AM335x Starter Kit is a feature-packed compact design with an optimized bill of materials.
AM335x Starter Kit key features include:
- Scalable with pin for pin options for graphics and industrial communications based on AM335x ARM Cortex-A8 processors at up to 720 MHz.
- Two-Gb DDR3 memory.
- Two Gb Ethernet ports via integrated 2-port switch on the AM335x ARM Cortex-A8 processor.
- 4.3 inch LCD touch screen (5.1 inch x 2.6 inch) supporting rotation and tilt capabilities via the on-board accelerometer and countless application possibilities.
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) with Wi-Fi Direct™ support and Bluetooth v4.0 including Bluetooth low energy connectivity via on-board WL1271 Murata module with integrated antenna.
- XDS100 JTAG emulator functionality on board via USB enables debug at no extra cost
- Additional peripherals such as USB, USB-UART, navigation buttons, user LEDs, audio out and more.