Texas Instruments unveils the Stellaris® LaunchPad - a fully-functional, flexible and low-price kit for ARM® Cortex™ - M4 developers
The Stellaris LaunchPad is the latest addition to the Texas Instruments LaunchPad ecosystem, an innovative portfolio of low-price evaluation kits and expansion boards that lets engineers experiment and develop with easy-to-use, modular design environments. The Stellaris LaunchPad uses the BoosterPack XL connection standard that consists of two pairs of dual gender 20-pin stackable headers. Those forty easy-to-access pins allow interface with external components (BoosterPacks) or custom daughter boards. Two sets of 20 pins on the outer rows of the board have similar functions to the primary header pins on existing MSP430™ and C2000™ LaunchPad kits, allowing developers to add greater functionality and speed design and exploration. Two inner rows offer an additional 20 pins of Stellaris-based expansion signals for BoosterPack development.
Features and benefits of the Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad evaluation kit:
- Includes a 32-bit LM4F120H5QR Cortex-M4 MCU with floating point operating up to 80 MHz that provides targeted performance headroom for application differentiation, 64 KB flash with 100,000 write/erase cycles and two 12-bit 1MSPS ADCs and up to 27 timers, some configurable up to 64-bits.
- License- and royalty-free StellarisWare® software pre-loaded in ROM to conserve Flash memory; software eases design and allows developers to speed time to market.
- Incorporates USB connectivity and other peripherals including serial ports for UART, I2C, SSI/SPI and CAN controllers so developers can support the communication standard best suited for their application.
- Out-of-the-box RGB LED example application lets developers start experimenting with the Stellaris LaunchPad in minutes.
- Compatible with several existing MSP430 and C2000 MCU BoosterPacks so developers can now quickly and easily evaluate functionality across TI's broad portfolio of microcontrollers.
- Planned BoosterPacks include capabilities for sensors, wireless connectivity and many more third-party BoosterPacks.