SDP Series SOT23-5, SIDACtor® Protection Thyristor Provides Tertiary Protection for VDSL2+, ADSL2 Applications
The SDP SIDACtor Series in the SOT23-5 package provides a minimum footprint solution that’s ideal for use in high density card designs, where space is at a premium. The flow-through design of the SOT23-5 package minimizes PCB trace layout routing, while the device’s four different stand-off voltage values offer compatibility with a variety of line drivers. The device’s low capacitance and low insertion loss make it compatible with ADSL2 and VDSL2, and the 30MHz bandplan of VDSL2+.
The SIDACtor SDP SOT23-5 Series offers an ideal surge protection solution for manufacturers and designers of VDSL, ADSL, Access, Central Office, and Customer Premise modems and gateways who need tertiary or IC side line driver chipset protection. In addition to electrical performance superior to competing Thyristors, it offers circuit designers opportunities to upgrade the circuit protection of existing projects in mass production within the existing design footprint or to provide more robust protection for future projects than competing solutions can allow.
The SDP Series SOT23-5 SIDACtor® Protection Thyristors offers circuit designers a variety of key benefits:
- Bidirectional transient voltage protection.
- Better overshooting protection than clamping can provide.
- Switching begins within nanoseconds to provide faster protection from damaging electrical surges.
- Small, low-profile, surface mount SOT23-5 package, with its flow-through design PCB, minimizes trace layout routing.
- Robust surge rating performance up to 50A (8/20μs) ensures excellent performance characteristics.
- Low capacitance and low insertion loss ensures compatibility with ADSL2 and VDSL2, and the 30MHz bandplan of VDSL2+.
- Through their compliance with YD/T 950, YD/T 993, YD/T 1082, GR 1089 Inter-building, GP 1089 Intra-building, IEC 61000-4-2, IEC 61000-4-5, ITU K.20/21 Basic Level, ITU K.20/21 Enhanced Level, TIA-968-A, and TIA-968-B, they help circuit designers meet global regulatory standards.
The SIDACtor Protection Thyristor Series is available in quantities of 3,000 in standard tape and reel packaging.