Silex Technology America Introduces 802.11a/b/g/n, Dual-Band Solutions Based on Qualcomm Atheros AR6003 Chip
According to ABI Research, the Wi-Fi equipment market is expected to see more than nine percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2011 to 2016, with the enterprise segment contributing the bulk of the growth at more than 21 percent CAGR. With a skyrocketing number of Wi-Fi devices crowding the 2.4GHz band, Wi-Fi users are looking for dual-band products that leverage the 5GHz band for applications requiring relatively interference-free bandwidth. The SX-SDPAN and SX-SDMAN provide a cost-effective way for manufacturers to add dual-band wireless capabilities in addition to integrated Bluetooth 4.0 support.
Silex Technology based the SX-SDPAN on Qualcomm Atheros’ third-generation SDIO WLAN technology (AR6003). The SX-SDPAN brings 802.11n throughput, range and power efficiency to portable electronic devices.
The SX-SDPAN features:
- High-performance, ultra-low power, single stream (1x1) dual-band SDIO SiP with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN plus advanced Bluetooth 4.0 combo solution.
- Bluetooth 3.0+HS (High Speed) and Bluetooth 4.0+LE (Low Energy) standards enabling seamless integration of Bluetooth/WLAN.
- Best-in-class receive sensitivity for superior throughput.
- Industry leading security including WPS and WEP/WPA/WPA2.
- Near zero power consumption in idle and stand-by enables user to leave WLAN and BT “always on.”
- Advanced BT/WLAN coexistence and concurrent RX for superior rate-over-range and very low frequency.