“The trend towards shorter lead times and suppliers’ ability to offer low jitter - fixed or voltage controllable oscillators at high carrier frequencies, offering LVCMOS or Differential Output, is driving the need for products such as Abracon’s ASG series, “ explains Syed Raza, director of engineering for Abracon Corporation.
Its Advanced Engineering Team has launched a factory configurable surface mount oscillator capable of outputting any desired frequency between 10MHz and 1.5GHz in a 5.0 x 7.0 x 1.9 mm Ceramic SMT Package that is currently available and in stock. Packages with 5.0 x 3.2 mm and 2.5 X 2.0 mm will be available this December.
The ASG series is designed to offer exceptional, all-inclusive frequency stability of < ±50 ppm (tolerance, stability over temperature and aging) over a 10-year product life. Utilizing innovative architecture, this solution features exceptional Phase Noise characteristics at high carrier frequencies.
Standard applications of the ASG series include: Networking, SONET / SDH, WiMax / WLAN, Computing, PLLs, DDSs, DSL / ADSL, BTS and General Timing Applications requiring a high frequency, low noise, low cost, small profile SMT solution.
Key features of the ASG series of Crystal Oscillators and Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillators include:
- LVCMOS, LVDS or LVPECL output option
- +2.5V or +3.3V operation
- Typical rms jitter of < 1ps @ 1GHz carrier over 12kHz to 20MHz BW
- -40ºC to +85ºC standard operating temperature range
- Space saving, 5.0 x 7.0 x 1.9 mm Ceramic SMT Package
- Lead time of one to five business days for small quantities. The unique Integrated Circuitry of the ASG solution provides factory configurability, allowing extremely short lead times