WD® Ships Slim, Energy-Efficient Hard Drive for Ultrabook™ Devices
"Consumers want thin and light personal computers, but the limited storage capacity of SSD-based notebooks forces them to pick and choose what files to bring from their library," said Matt Rutledge, vice president and general manager for WD client storage products. "With the release of the new WD Scorpio Blue 7 mm mobile hard drives, WD is able to offer capacity, reliability and data-protection features combined with excellent power management all in a slim form factor perfect for thin and light notebooks."
Features of the new WD Scorpio Blue 7 mm hard drives include:
- Low power consumption - Advanced power management features and algorithms optimize the way the drive seeks data, which significantly improves power consumption.
- Shock Tolerance - WD's ShockGuard™ technology, now increased to a best-in-market 400Gs shock specification, protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks.
- Cool and quiet - In a notebook drive, silence is golden. WD's exclusive WhisperDrive™ technology enables quiet performance.
- Reliable - WD's SecurePark™ parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never touches the disk surface resulting in improved long term reliability due to less head wear, and improved non-operational shock tolerance.
- Compatibility Tested - WD performs tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in its FIT Lab™ and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give customers confidence that drives will work in specific systems.