TI Provides Industry's Lowest-Power, Highest-Precision Smart E-Metering Solution
When combined with the AMC1100 isolation amplifier, quad-channel ISO7241C digital isolator and 32-bit C2000™ TMS320F2812 high-performance microcontroller (MCU), the new ADS131E08 family provides a three-phase class 1.0 and 0.5 smart e-metering solution that minimizes power consumption while providing high linearity for accurate power measurement. The solution also delivers the high-voltage isolation required to meet industry standards for power and communications in high-end industrial meters and Smart Grid infrastructure. A free sample kit of the smart metering solution is available today.
Key features and benefits of the ADS131E08 e-metering AFE family:
- Highest all-around precision performance enabled by the best combination of AC/DC specifications: best-in-class signal-to-noise ratio of 107 dB, ENOB of up to 20.4 bits, input signal range of +/-2.4 V and common mode rejection ratio of -110 dB. This high level of performance allows the AFEs to exceed 0.1 e-metering performance with less than 0.1 percent error for 1 to 1,000 dynamic range.
- Lowest power consumption available at 2 mW per channel with an operating temperature range of -40 to 105 C.
- Widest upgrade/downgrade path, with options ranging from 4 to 8 channels and 16 to 24 bits of resolution, to support a variety of smart e-metering applications, from two-phase systems to three-phase with tamper detection.
- Lowest price per channel by 40 percent at $0.74.
- Reduces board space and overall solution size by integrating a delta-sigma analog-to-digital converter (ADC), FET-input programmable gain amplifier (PGA) with multi-gain options, operational amplifier (op amp), internal reference, fault detection and alarm comparators.