PLED6M Series Open LED Protectors Keep LED Strings Working When an Individual LED Fails as an Open Circuit
The PLED6M Series is designed for use with one-watt LEDs, nominally 350mA, 3V. A low turn-on voltage of 7.5V (max) allows for fast switching after an LED opens. In addition, the on-state (bypass) voltage of 1.2V (max) reduces the steady state power dissipation following an LED open failure and is housed in a small form factor Powermite® package.
The PLED6M Series LED Protectors offer LED array designers a variety of key benefits:
- They provide an electronic shunt/bypass for open LEDs, allowing LED strings to keep functioning, even if one LED in the set fails as an open circuit.
- They automatically reset if the LED heals itself or the power is cycled, for low maintenance and high reliability.
- The low profile, small footprint POWERMITE® package provides maximum heat dissipation and greater layout flexibility, making it ideal for dense board applications.
- They can support high-brightness in outdoor LED applications.
- They are RoHS compliant, which ensures they are an environmentally friendly product.
The PLED6M Series LED Protector is available in standard tape and reel packaging. The minimum order quantity is 3000.