Designers could previously only simulate, model and test up to the SAR ADC, requiring them to invest time and resources building the ADC circuit in hardware. With a downloadable TINA-TI SPICE model available for all new SAR ADCs, designers will be able to fully verify ADC driving circuitry, enabling them to speed product development.
Key features and benefits of the ADS8028
- Tools to simulate and evaluate quickly: TINA-TI reference design and product evaluation module (EVM) include the OPA836 driver amplifier for fast software simulation and hardware evaluation.
- Integration to reduce board space, bill of materials: Integrates an internal 2.5-V reference, +1 degree Celsius accurate temperature sensor and internal multiplexer with sequencer; it also eliminates the need for an external decoupling capacitor.
- Widest supply ranges provide greater power supply flexibility: 3x wider analog supply range of 2.7 V to 5.25 V, 80-percent wider digital supply range of 1.65 V to 5.25 V and 2.5x wider external reference range of 1 V to 5 V, compared to the competition.
- Low power consumption, small size for battery-powered, space-constrained designs: Consumes a maximum of 36 microWatts in power-down mode across a wide operating temperature range of -40 C to 125 C in a small 4-mm x 4-mm package to support battery-powered, space-constrained designs.
- Feature set supports diverse applications: Low power consumption, wide temperature and supply ranges, and a high level of integration enable use in a wide variety of applications, including portable consumer electronics, wireless infrastructure and industrial equipment.