TI Enhances Audio Headset Experience with Detection and Configuration Switch IC
The TS3A225E works seamlessly to extend the functionality of best-in-class TI audio codecs, such as TLV320AIC3262 and TLV320AIC3212. For customers who prefer only a 2x2 crosspoint switch functionality without headset-type detection, TI also offers the reduced-cost TS3A26746E. The TI switch portfolio also consists of other audio, video, USB, LAN and DDR switches available at TI website.
Key features and benefits
- Enhances the end user's experience: supports three-prong (without microphone) and four-prong (with microphone) audio headsets from all manufacturers.
- Eases system design: detects the configuration of the microphone and ground pins on a four-prong headset and routes them appropriately via a 2x2 crosspoint switch.
- More control over system operation and debug: reports headset information over I2C interface.
- Prevents audio signal distortion: 66-percent lower on-resistance (100 mOhms) for the ground switch compared to the competition.
- Easier mounting and routing in the system: available in both QFN and WCSP packages.