7-Segment LED Displays Offer Market-Leading Temperature Range
QuasarBrite High-Temperature SMD Seven-Segment LED Displays are compatible with standard drivers and are ideal for a wide range of applications that require performance in extreme heat conditions including:
- standard and commercial appliances (including displays on fryers, ovens, microwaves, and dishwashers);
- medical devices (including displays on portable and non-portable patient monitoring displays such as defibrillators, heart and pulse monitors, and sphygmomanometers);
- industrial control devices (including oil field and gas flow metering and drive control displays for heavy motor control technologies);
- military applications (including aircraft, ground vehicles, GPS and portable communication systems);
- telecom equipment applications (including displays on storage units, networks, switchboard units and routers).
“The compatibility of the new seven segment displays with lead-free soldering allows engineers to benefit from an environmentally friendly and simplified design process.” explained Jeff Oliveros, Director of Engineering at Lumex. “Many brands are looking to eliminate all lead-based soldering for exposure-related safety issues. Additionally, most of the other components designers are using such as drivers, resistors and capacitors are all surface-mounted. Traditionally a secondary, soldering process was needed to add the through-hole seven segment displays. With the new surface-mount displays, this additional soldering process is no longer needed, generating significant time and cost savings.”