Weidmiller Offers Serial/Ethernet Converters for Applications Such as Motors and Drives
The converters - which are suitable for use in harsh environments - feature either one or two serial ports and can be configured to function parameters using a web console, serial console, Telnet console or a Windows utility.
Additionally, they support a wide range of operation modes, including TCP server, TCP client, UDP, Real COM, RFC2217, Reverse Telnet, Pair Connection and Ethernet modem.
A relay output integrated into each converter acts as a warning function for administrators. If there are any problems with the Ethernet connections or non-authorised changes are made to the serial signals and power connections, an email warning is sent to the service technician.
The converters use redundant DC power supply inputs of 12–48VDC.
- Enables users to remotely configure and operate devices with fieldbus independent configuration using an Ethernet connection
- Users can create an Ethernet network structure using cascade cable connections comprising several serial/Ethernet converters
- The converters’ two Ethernet ports can be used a Ethernet switch ports
- The devices include surge voltage protection for the serial connections, Ethernet ports and power supply
- Power supply and serial connectors are connected via robust screw-type terminal blocks
- Alarm function consists of an integrated buzzer and real-time clock
- Automatic restart function in the event of a failure