Camera systems have become an important automotive safety component, typically combining multiple camera modules with advanced image analysis to help drivers monitor road conditions, detect hazards and avoid collisions. Automotive safety system designers can use TI's FPD-Link III SerDes chipsets to connect cameras and displays to an electronic control unit (ECU) with thinner, more flexible cabling.
Key features and benefits of the DS90UB913Q and DS90UB914Q:
- Smallest serializer for ultra-compact megapixel camera modules: DS90UB913Q features 25-mm2 footprint, with 10-MHz to 100-MHz pixel clock and 10- and 12-bit pixel depth.
- Industry's first adaptive receiver EQ compensates cable loss: DS90UB914Q automatically adapts EQ gain, compensating for dynamic and long-term changes in cable loss.
- Fast response time increases driver safety: Continuous, bidirectional control channel on a single twisted pair cable provides low latency for precise multi-camera synchronization.
- Lower-cost cable assemblies: Lower serial line rates of up to 1.4 Gbps drive down system costs.
- System flexibility: DS90UB914Q's integrated 2:1 multiplexer allows the ECU video processor to select content from two camera sources.
- Supports heat-exposed installations: The SerDes chipset operates over the -40 degrees C to 105 degrees C temperature range.