Fairchild Semiconductor's FPS™ Green Mode Power Switch Device with Integrated Protection Circuitry Improves SMPS Reliability, Saves Board Space
Part of the FPS™ Green Mode Fairchild power switch device family, the FSL206MRx series is designed for high-performance offline SMPS that require minimal external components. The highly integrated PWM controller with avalanche-rugged SenseFET includes an internal regulator, eliminating the need for an auxiliary bias winding and includes a built-in high-voltage startup and full-protection circuitry that saves board space and total bill of material (BOM) costs.
Optimized for efficiency and power dissipation with burst-mode operation, the FSL206MRN and FSL206MRL can reach a power loss of 150mW with no-bias winding and 25mW with bias winding at no-load condition when the input voltage is 265VAC. Additionally, the FSL206MRx series is supported by Fairchild’s Power Supply WebDesigner (PSW), an easy-to-use, powerful online design tool that allows designers to further customize and fine-tune their designs without having to build a bench prototype.
Features and Benefits:
- Precision fixed operating frequency: 67kHz
- Frequency modulation for attenuating electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Built-in soft-start and startup circuit prevents transformer saturation
- No need for auxiliary bias winding
- Low under voltage lockout (UVLO)
- Ultra-low operating current: 300µA
- Separated high- and low-voltage pins to avoid creepage
- Various protection features: OLP, OVP, AOCP, TSD and LS for higher reliability