Fluke Networks’ New OptiFiber Pro OTDR Redefines Enterprise Fiber Testing
The OptiFiber Pro OTDR creates a new standard for usability with a smartphone interface that supports gesture-based commands, and technology enhancements that simplify testing in datacenter environments.
“Enterprise fiber use is growing at 57 percent a year,* which increases the frequency and importance of fiber testing necessary to minimize issues that can be devastating to network operations,” said Jason Wilbur, vice president of datacom cabling and installation tools at Fluke Networks. “Our new OptiFiber PRO is aimed squarely at the challenges our enterprise customers are facing today. The tester’s new smartphone interface dramatically reduces the learning curve associated with using an OTDR, and the simplified Datacenter Mode will help industry technicians immediately solve problems in mission critical datacenter environments.”
Key new features include:
- The first OTDR with a smartphone user-interface: Minimizes the learning curve typically associated with older OTDRs by greatly reducing complexity – helping any technician quickly become a fiber expert.
- A simplified “Datacenter” Mode: Automates the process of setting test parameters, like wavelength or end-detection algorithms, significantly reducing set-up time and the complexity of learning how to troubleshoot datacenter problems.
- The industry’s shortest event and attenuation dead zones: Tests connectors and patch cords as short as 0.5 meters. This is critical in virtualized server environments, where connections are often less than one meter and hidden performance issues can severely decrease the reliability of datacenters and storage area networks (SANs).
- Visual presentation of faults: Shows all fiber events graphically allowing any user to quickly and easily interpret OTDR trace results.
- Built-in project management tools: Facilitates the assignment and tracking of all fiber testing projects for multiple users, increasing efficiency, enhancing project tracking visibility and enabling cost-effective device sharing.
- Upgraded LinkWare™ management software: Eases the burden of workflow management, integrates test results, and keeps the OTDR up-to-date with the latest software.