Lincoln Electric’s Activ8™ Semiautomatic Wire Feeder Now Available in One-Pak® Option
Ideal for shipbuilding, offshore, construction or pipe welding operations, the Activ8™ portable wire feeder from Lincoln Electric is the smallest, lightest wire feeder on the market and is now available in a One-Pak® configuration that includes a Magnum® PRO Curve™ 300 gun. With the One-Pak®, welders can enjoy the convenience of receiving a wire feeder and gun matched for most applications in the shipbuilding, construction or pipeline industries.
The Activ8™ One-Pak® includes the following:
- Activ8™ Wire Feeder with internal contactor, gas solenoid, arc-sensing lead and clip [15 ft (4.5 m)] and a K1500-2 Gun Bushing.
- Magnum® PRO Curve™ 300 Gun with 15 ft (4.5 m) gun cable, 1/16 inch (1.6 mm) liner, and K466-10 Gun Connector Kit.
- Designed specifically for 8 in. (200 mm) spools.
- Compatible with any DC CV and/or CC power source.
- Simple controls include front WFS knob and internal-booted Cold Feed and/Gas Purges, Trigger Interlock and CV/CC switches.
- Across-the-arc operation (voltage sensing) uses a sense lead and contactor to enable weld current.
- Standard shielding gas apparatus can be used for FCAW-G and GMAW processes.
- Tough plastic case, molded from high-impact, flame-retardant material, is durable and lightweight enough to withstand repeated drop testing.
At the heart of the Activ8™ wire feeder is the MAXTRAC® Drive System, which features the following:
- Dual gear-driven drive system to ensure positive feeding performance.
- Patented wire drive with tool-less drive roller and wire guide changes for quick spool replacement.
- Tachometer-controlled motor to power drive rolls for smooth, steady feeding without wire slippage.