Lincoln Electric introduces Metalshield® MC®-80Ni1, a premium, low-alloy, metal-cored wire. This metal-cored wire is designed to produce high strength and toughness and H4 diffusible hydrogen weld deposits required in such applications as structural and heavy fabrication or other high-strength welding applications that require a tensile strength of 550 MPa (80ksi).
- H4 diffusible hydrogen levels.
- Low spatter and excellent arc stability.
- Deoxidizing agents to minimize pre- and post-weld clean up.
- Enhanced silicon island management.
- Low temperature impact properties – Charpy V-Notch test results capable of exceeding 40 J (35 ft•lbf) @ -51° C (-60° F).
- Excellent bead shape and profile.
Metalshield® MC®-80Ni1 is available in standard diameters of .045 in., .052 in., and 1/16 in. and packaged in 500 lb. Accu-Trak® drums and 33 lb. plastic spools.