The MX2-V1 delivers 200% starting torque near stand-still (0.5 Hz) and can operate in torque control in open loop mode. This allows the MX2-V1 to be used in applications where closed loop AC vector drives were previously used.
Standard industrial networks, such as EtherCAT, CompoNet or DeviceNet as options. High-speed EtherCAT provides solutions for the entire system from input to output with Sysmac Series.
Built-in RS-485 Modbus communications. OMRON Function Blocks are available for the CP H/L and CJ-series PLCs. Those control the MX2-V1 via Modbus communications easily.
Safety is embedded in the MX2-V1, according to ISO 13849-1, Cat. 3, with two safety inputs and an External Device Monitoring (EDM) output. No external contactors on the motor side are required, meaning simpler wiring for the user.
Dual contactors at the output of the inverter are no longer required. Direct connection to a safety controller ensures compliance to ISO 13849-1 Cat.3 PLd. Safety function: IEC 61800-5-2 “Safe Torque Off (STO)”
The PM motor conforming to highefficiency regulations can be controlled. The PM motor promotes further energy saving and achieves earth-friendly machine control.
The MX2-V1 is a drive and position controller in one, ideal for modular machines where moderate positional accuracy is required. Speed synchronization is also possible, with no additional programming required.
With no external hardware required, and via standard parameter settings, speed synchronisation can be achieved. The MX2-V1 will act as a speed follower to an external pulse generator/encoder signal up to 32 KHz.
Specially developed application functionality enables the MX2-V1 to solve simple positioning tasks without the need for an external controller. Up to 8 positions, plus home, can be selected by the user, and furthermore, the MX2-V1 can be switched between speed and position mode.
The MX2-V1 gives you the power to create smart solutions using PLC functionality, as standard. Via an intuitive flow chart programming tool, you can create programs with up to 1000 lines of code and with 5 tasks running in parallel.
- 200% starting torque
- Near stand-still operation (0.5 Hz)
- Smooth control of high inertia loads
- Control of fast cyclic loads
- Torque control in open loop
- Ideal for low to medium torque applications
- Can replace a flux vector or servo drive in suitable systems
- Motor control
- Surface Permanent Magnet Motor
- Interior Permanent Magnet Motor
- Induction Motor
- One parameter auto-tuning
- Just by entering the kW rating of the motor the MX2-V1 gives you smooth and safe operation
- Safety inside
- Conforms to safety norm ISO 13849-1 Cat. 3 performance level PLd
- 2 Safety inputs
- External device monitoring (EDM)
- Drive Programming
- Flow chart programming
- Text editor
- Intuitive - up to 5 tasks in parallel
- Up to 8 pre-set positions with “Homing”
- Speed synchronization
- Network Integration
- Modbus RS485 built-in
- Option units for EtherCAT, CompoNet, DeviceNet
Free to program
- Intuitive and user friendly flow chart programming
- Integrated in CX-Drive
- Up to 1000 lines in a program
- 5 tasks can run in parallel (CX-Drive version 2.80 or higher is required.)